If you want to create dynamic object title or custom title on dashboards based on different project queries or selected filters, but don’t know how to start, let’s dive into this article and learn how to use simple DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions to quickly and easily create visual title in Power BI.
Step 1: Add a value to the data column.
Step 2: Enter the content of title that you want to present, and the following two methods are provided to make a dynamic title.
- Method 1: Use the SELECTEDVALUE function to create a dynamic title.
- SELECTEDVALUE: It returns a single value when a column has only one value be selected.
- ” “: Wrap text or special symbols.
- &: Connect words.
- Method 2: Use the VAR function to create a dynamic title.
- VAR: Save the result of an expression as a named variable, which can be passed it as an argument to other magnitude expressions.
Step 3: Insert a dynamic title on the dashboard.
1. Once you’ve set up the formula, click the visuals of format → 2. Click on General → 3. Click on Configure Formatting Conditions in the header → 4. Select the formula you just set in the field
Step 4: When you select a filter, the dynamic title can be displayed by real-time.
By doing the above steps, you can easily make dynamic titles, and you can adjust the title, keywords, and the sequence keywords of title. In addition, such real-time updates make reports more easily to understand, especially when presenting complicated data or presenting them to cross-functional departments.
This kind of dynamic title can not only enhance the aesthetics appeal and professionalism of the report, but also help users effectively convey information during business reporting or decision-making analysis. All in all, the dynamic titles of Power BI enrich the visual presentation and improve the efficiency and accuracy of data analysis, so let’s try this function together!
KSCC is a management consulting company in Taiwan. Our services include corporate in-house training, consulting, and leadership management.For more information about our corporate services, please feel free to visit our website: https://www.kscthinktank.com.tw/custom-training/